How to set the loaded model to the specified latitude and longitude?

Friends, after I manually load the model locally, how can I set the loaded model to the specified latitude and longitude?

The easiest way is to add a CesiumGlobeAnchor component to it, and then set its longitudeLatitudeHeight property.

Hi Kevin_Ring, I would like to ask how to set the latitude and longitude of an object while the program is running

You can set the longitudeLatitudeHeight property on CesiumGlobeAnchor component from a C# script at runtime. For example, say you had a MonoBehaviour called MyScript attached it to an object with a CesiumGlobeAnchor. Then, in MyScript.cs, you could write

CesiumGlobeAnchor globeAnchor = this.GetComponent<CesiumGlobeAnchor>();
globeAnchor.longitudeLatitudeHeight = new double3(longitude, latitude, height); // your values here

Hi janine, thank you very much for your help my problem was solved.

Hi janine, I have a new problem, I want to control the movement of objects by latitude and longitude, but I don’t know how to deal with it

Hi @kongyu,

I’m not sure I understand your problem. You can set the longitudeLatitudeHeight of a CesiumGlobeAnchor whenever you want, and with whatever values. So if you want to control their movement by longitude and latitude, just assign longitudeLatitudeHeight a new value.

You can also enable “Detect Transform Changes” on the CesiumGlobeAnchor if you would rather move the object in Unity coordinates. This makes the CesiumGlobeAnchor detect any changes to its Unity transform. When it detects changes, it will recompute the longitude, latitude, and height of the globe anchor.

If you are only controlling the movement of an object via longitude and latitude coordinates, you should disable “Detect Transform Changes” on the object before moving it, so that it doesn’t apply any extra correction when you move the object.

1 Like

Hi janine, Thank you for your answer, at that time, I felt that using the change of latitude and longitude to control the movement of the object would make the object teleport, but this did not happen, thank you very much for your answer.