· Are Cartographic coordinates synonymous with OpenGlobe Geographic coordinates?
· Some of the HTML API docs do not specify degrees or radians as the parameters to some methods. Is there a hard and fast rule when to use which?
· Camera.controller.lookAt(eye, target, up) seems very straight forward. Eye is the position of the camera, target is where you want to look, up is the up axis. Are these Cartesian3 vectors in degrees or radians?
· I’m using a CesiumTerrainProvider and am trying to place the camera thus:
target = new Cesium.Cartesian3(new Cesium.Cartographic.fromDegrees(
controller.lookAt(camera.position, target, Cesium.Cartesian3.UNIT_Z);
But this does not work. I also see sample code like this (from the Camera tutorial):
new Cesium.Cartesian3(120000.0, 120000.0, 120000.0),
… which makes no sense to me. How can these vectors be radians or degrees?
I just want to initially learn how to control the darn camera. I’m assuming that Cesium.Viewer has fov, near and far plane defaults.
· I don’t expect anyone to just give me the code. I would rather someone point me to some docs or examples that I can learn from.
· Finally, I use Visual Studio Pro and/or Expression Blend for my dev environment. I pay $$$ every year for it so I’m not going to use Eclipse. But this shouldn’t be a problem, OR IS IT!?
· Is there a suggested Visual Studio template I should start with when developing a Cesium app?
PLEASE, someone point me in the right “getting started” direction.
Thanks in advance!