Improving FPS?

1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.

Cesium seems to run at around 15 FPS on computers which don’t have dedicated graphics cards. Is there a way to reduce Cesium graphics settings (for example resolution, 3D effects, etc) to improve FPS on these slower computers? Even 5 more FPS would be helpful.

2. A minimal code example. If you’ve found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

Code example showing fps.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

Get smoother rendering (higher FPS) on computers without dedicated graphics card (or also tablets, phones, etc).

4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.

Chrome, Windows 10

Thank you for the help!

What framerate (in the animation widget, number after the ‘x’) do you get if you go here:

https://celestrak.com/cesium/orbit-viz.php?tle=/pub/TLE/catalog.txt&satcat=/pub/satcat.txt&pixelSize=3&samplesPerPeriod=90&referenceFrame=1

I get around 20, without graphics card

With all the objects loaded?

Yes, with all the points loaded.

Ok, cool. What do you have loaded in terms of data?

It loads many markers around Earth.

But regardless of the FPS, what I would like to know is if there are any Cesium settings that can be adjusted to increase FPS (for example, lower resolution, etc).

There are literally hundreds of ways to increase FPS, without seeing the data you are using it is very difficult to give suggestions.

Oh ok, the data I’m presenting is a single 3D model, for which I’m updating the position and orientation on every frame. Cesium World Terrain is active.

Thanks,

Juan