Is anyone able to make latest Cesium work with cordova or capacitor?

@Shashwat_Tripathi @jackie @chris_wang any thoughts on how to resolve this? It’s getting pretty urgent now as we have a trade show and a demo for European Space Agency coming up in 2 weeks where we need Cesium working as an app. Thanks in advance

@alexvizgard @sam.rothstein Hey guys, I have tried it multiple times and was never able to make it work with Cordova or Capacitor, especially for iOS. Closest I ever went for iOS was with using fullscreenButton: false . After that worked on iOS when I started implementing features on it there were all sorts of bug shooting out, it just feels like Cesium is not compatible with hybrid apps especially iOS. After multiple attempts had to drop the idea of using Cesium on the hybrid mobile app. Also came across some limitation Safari (which Cordova uses for iOS) was having related to WebGL when last time I checked it.

There is also one issue I created on Github, here is the link Error using Ionic Capacitor on iOS · Issue #8405 · CesiumGS/cesium · GitHub.

In that issue it was found for iOS we need fullscreenButton: false if there is any thing related to cordova linked to project. Hope it helps

1 Like

Hi @Shashwat_Tripathi , thank you very much for your feedback. We were aiming for it to work on Android and IOS but Android is the most important right now. Ive asked my team to see if there is something IOS-related that might be messing things up for us with our Android implementation somehow.