Loading large number of lightweight FBXs

Hello.
Currently, I upload the FBX file that stores the 3D model of the facility to My Assets of Cesium ion as [3D Model (tile as 3D Tiles)], and upload it.
Loaded and displayed using Cesium.IonResource.fromAssetId in CesiumJs.

Each FBX file is a lightweight file from 100 KB to a few MB.
Currently, we are loading a dozen or so FBXs, and we are considering appropriate processing when this number becomes several thousand in the future.

question

1. How to load. Cesium.IonResource.fromAssetId can be loaded by specifying one asset id, but the asset id must be specified in the web application and cannot be loaded in bulk. Is there a better way to load? For example, tag each Asset and load all Assets with the specified tag.

2. How much does loading a 3D Tile that is not in the visible range affect performance? And is there a way to load only the assets that are in the visible range?

3. Which is better, 3D Model (glTF) or 3D Model (tile as 3D Tiles), for displaying a large number of lightweight FBXs?

Hi @t.nakashima

1. Currently, I don’t think there is a way to reference assets in the way that you described. You could have one tileset that references other tilesets.
  2. 3D Tiles in CesiumJS are loaded when needed, so what’s not in the view will not be requested/loaded.
  3. For large amounts of data, 3D Tiles is preferred.
1 Like