Is anyone experiencing a huge performance hit when rendering multiple satellite orbits via CZML data source in Firefox?
This is the implementation:
- Browser: Chrome and Firefox
- I have a CZML/json file that describes a satellite (point) object that contains cartesianVelocity positions
- I load each file into a CZML data source, one for each satellite
- I turn on orbit by sending CZML data to make visible each of the satellite’s path
When I’m just rendering the points (representing satellites), there is no lag (Chrome/Firefox). When I turn on orbits in Firefox, the map is essentially unusable as panning/zooming/rotating has a ~7 seconds delay. I would like to get the same performance in Firefox as in Chrome, or figure out if there is another approach to making Firefox usability comparable.
http://science.nasa.gov/iSat/ – This is something similar but only 1 orbit is displayed.
In addition to the first question:
- Would having multiple CZML datasources affect performance? Is it necessary to have one CZML datasource per satellite?
- Are there any performance tweaks that can be done on the Viewer, Scene? Tried scene3DOnly to true to avoid any 2D rendering but performance with orbits on is still bad.