Polyline Flickr if Camera moved

Hi,

in the standard sandcastle for Polylines

the “Blue dashed line” is flickering if I move to the left or right. You can see this, because the line end/start changes. If I zoom in/out I think the flickering isn’t so strong but still there - my customer doesn’t like this behaaviour, any ideas/tips to change.

Regards

Rüdiger

Hi @Ruediger_Brand,

Thanks for reaching out with your question! I also appreciate that you took the time to send over a sandcastle demo.

I took some time to play around with the sandcastle demo that you shared. I am not sure if I was able to fully reproduce the visual artifacts that you noticed.

If possible, could you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? In addition, providing information on your system (operating system, browser, etc.) would be very helpful.

-Sam

Hi Sam,

you see the flickr if you move with the mouse - the line endings are changed, there is a “running effect” at the line:

In the screenshot you see that in the dashed polyline the line endings chang if you move the map

In cases where we have a different pattern the “running effect” is very disturbing.

Regards

Rüdiger

Hi @Ruediger_Brand,

I appreciate the screenshots. They definitely help clarify the issue that you are seeing.

I don’t know of a quick fix to this using our API. I recommend opening an issue on our GitHub page that outlines this problem for our CesiumJS squad to take a look at. Be sure to check if there are any other GitHub issues for similar problems and feel free to reference this thread when creating your ticket.

Best,
Sam