Problem with DEM data - half globe is gone

Hi,

I am using Cesium-GeoserverTerrainProvider plugin for loading my DEM data on the globe. This DEM data is being converted using the geotiffTranslate (a java program) shipped along with the plugin. Also, I don't have DEM data for whole globe, its just for a particular region. The problem I am facing is that when I load this DEM data on the globe, imagery for half of the globe is gone. Globe loads with imagery for half of the globe only.

You can see the screenshot here - http://tinypic.com/r/2v30mbo/8
Can someone help me solve this problem?

I am using Cesium-1.6.

-Jatin

Hello, this is a "known issue" for the terrain provider (not only the plug in) in Cesium: the specs of Cesium make a mandatory the definition of the function getTileDataAvailable that indicates if a tile is available for the terrainProvider. If this function returns false (which means when there is no data available for the biggest tile which is the absent half globe), Cesium doesn't retrieve the corresponding image.

Hi,

So, what is the solution to this problem? What should I do to get the other half of the globe?

hi,
I have the same problem.
did you find any solution of the problem?

Hi,

To work around this problem I had 2 options either
-modify the code of the plugin in order getTileDataAvailable to always return true.
-or, change the DEM data itself.

I was able to solve the problem with both the options but I chose the 2nd option of changing the DEM. You may choose any of these options as you like.

-Jatin