Question regarding TIN Models

Hi,
In an investigation phase in a new project, I am considering using Cesium. The purpose here is to do visualisation of TIN (I guess in gltF format) but also calculation against it(height calculation, volumes difference, cross sections) .

While it seems Cesium handles very well 3D visualisation I am still wondering about the calculation part as it seems that a model is loaded as a single element and and not as a scene, Am I right here?. So if I have a gltf containing a set of surfaces, point and lines, I can surely visualize it, but there is no a way to access to specific line unless I define all the different elements in a separate file.

In addition it seems the geometry itself is not accessible so if I would not be able to say find a height a given coordinate.

So my question is to know if Cesium would be adapted or if I should consider another approach (say Three + Cesium as explained in the tutorial).

Thanks in advance,

-Lionel

Hi Lionel,

You can add a model primitive from a glTF:

var model = scene.primitives.add(Cesium.Model.fromGltf({
  url : './duck/duck.gltf'
}));

``

Then, you have access to the individual meshes and nodes with Model.getMesh and Model.getNode respectively.

I’m not sure what you are trying to do with the geometry, but take a look at the picking Sandcastle demo, and click “Pick position”. That sound similar to what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Gabby

1 Like