QuickStart Issue on MacOS

Trying to follow the steps this page on my Mac:

At Step 3 I hit a roadblock… particularly 3.4 in which I’m supposed to find CesiumSunSky and FloatingPawn in my Cesium content folder. Neither of those items appear.

And, there’s no Cesium icon on my toolbar to launch the Cesium panel…

Ideas?

Hello @mattberlin ,

If the Cesium icon does not show up in the usual place, you may be able to find it in the Windows drop-down. For the CesiumSunSky and FloatingPawn actors, is the Cesium for Unreal Content folder showing up? If you haven’t already, you may need to enable “Show Engine Content” and “Show Plugin Content”.

If none of these work you may need to double check if the plugin is installed properly. If it appears to be a mac-specific issue we can help you look further into this.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the folder is there, but the specific items CesiumSunSky and FloatingPawn actors are not there. I’ve checked all the appropriate boxes. I’ve also deleted and re-installed the Cesium plug-in twice, but it’s still not behaving as expected.

Hi @mattberlin,

For a quick check, are you able to run the plugin sample from the marketplace Cesium for Unreal Samples in Blueprints - UE Marketplace?

Bao

I can load it and get the text message in the player, then when I hit ‘play’ it freezes… Maybe I just need to get a nice Windows PC :slight_smile:

Hi @mattberlin

For the sample in the editor, do you see the Cesium logo on the top panel menu or CesiumSunSky actor in the editor? Also for the freezes problem, is it a crash after that?

This maybe less than ideal, but the workaround I suggest in the mean time is to build the plugin from our Github repo GitHub - CesiumGS/cesium-unreal: Bringing the 3D geospatial ecosystem to Unreal Engine and see if the problem exists.

The steps to manually incorporate the plugin to any new Unreal project is very similar to the steps of building our plugin Sample in this repo GitHub - CesiumGS/cesium-unreal-samples: Getting Started Sample Project for Cesium for Unreal. Those are detailed near the end of the README in the repo. The only step that isn’t needed for Mac is to generate Visual Studio project after finishing building Cesium For Unreal plugin. You only need to double click on YourNewProject.uproject and click Ok if being prompted to rebuild project. After that I think the plugin content should be available in your new project. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Bao