The Pearl Harbor Archive

I published a beta version of “The Pearl Harbor Archive”. This content is based on Katrina Luksovsky’s book “Ford Island December 7, 1941” and the public domain material of the US Navy. Users can browse the face photographs and testimony of the soldiers and their families staying in Ford Island, the attack course of the Japan Imperial Navy, and the US Navy warships located in Pearl Harbor.

The Pearl Harbor Archive

http://1941.mapping.jp/

The original photos and aerial photos are black-and-white photographs, but I colored them using “Automatic Image Colorization” service by Waseda University. Black and white photos will be automatically colored by hovering or touching. Please also refer to the research published at SIGGRAPH 2016. This is truly amazing technology!

This archive is still under construction. From now on, we plan to publish more “colorized” photos of battlefields on it. By the way, Please also refer to the Hiroshima Archive.

Thanks for sharing, Hidenori! The application looks great, and the coloring effect on the pictures is really interesting.

-Hannah

Hi Hannah,
Thank you very much! I’m adding more colorized photos. Finally, we plan to complete it on December 7th.

Hidenori