Adjusting NAV MESH BOUND VOLUME ACCORDING TO THE TERRAIN

Hello.

I am importing a terrain with the user-defined input longitude and longitude. I’ve been Using Cesium’s georeferencing system. I also have to include the character follow and AI. But I am not able to adjust NAV MESH BOUND VOLUME according to the terrain. If I add a cube, the navmesh volume is adjusted and actors can play around but not on the terrain.
Appreciate the help.

Hello @shivam_p,

Have you read this thread? It includes a lot of information that may be helpful for you in setting up your navmesh. If the solutions in the thread don’t resolve your issue, please let me know.

-Alex

Thank you!I Will see to it.:slight_smile:

It was a great read. Learnt about Navigation Invokers. But the thing is how could I make the Unreal Landscape fit to the Dynamic GIS Cesium Terrain. The thread shows how to initiate navigation invokers in the landscape mode of Unreal. But not on the cesium terrain.

I would really appreciate if you could help me with this. If i could adjust the unreal landscape according to dynamic gis cesium terrain, i could easily use the navigation invokers for dynamic landscape based navigation meshes.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @shivam_p,

Currently, there is no way to fit an Unreal Landscape to Cesium World Terrain. This is something we’re exploring, but we don’t have a timeline yet. Please feel free to share your use case on this thread.

-Alex

Hi @shivam_p,

As of v1.24.0, Cesium for Unreal supports generating NavMeshes on Cesium3DTileset actors, thanks to a community contribution! Here’s the PR if you’re interested.