Availability of 3d entity

I have a 3d flight entity with viewer.trackedEntity property. I want this entity as long even it completes the time. Is there any way to make this entity available full time.

Is it possible to zoom to other location in the map at the same time we use trackedEntity.
My requirement is that If user makes any interaction on map(such as zoom closer or zoom to different location) then I don’t want to use viewer.trackedEntity at this moment. And I want viewer.trackedEntity should work if there is no interaction from user.

Please share your thoughts on this @Matt_Amato @hannah @onsummer @Mark_Erikson @James_B

Hi there,

Would you be able to provide a Sandcastle example with your existing entity? That will help troubleshoot the availablity.

Is it possible to zoom to other location in the map at the same time we use trackedEntity.

I don’t believe so. Setting the trackedEntity property sets the camera property such that it follows the specified entity. Though if this is a requirement, I may suggest multiple views.

You are right. It won’t work together. So I just updated my code to set the trackedEntity to undefined whenever the user applies zoom to the map. And added a recenter button to go with live, ie trackedEntity.

Thank you so much for your reply

1 Like