Billboards Change Position, if camera is rotated or map is displayed wrong

Hi,

i have a map and display a two billboards at the same position. The camera is set 200 m above the billboard and heading and pitch are set for a “perpendicular” view (2Pi and -Pi/2).

Changing heading (see screenshot 0, 90, 180) looks like the position is moving - but it is constant.

Has anyone an explanation, why the scene looks like, that the billboard-position is changed.

Regards

Rüdiger

@Ruediger_Brand

Thank you for the detailed post! Could you please send a sandcastle demo that showcases this behavior? A demo would help me confirm if this is a bug or a developer error.

Do you think this is at all related to WMS GetFeatureInfo incorrect point position #9363? Curious to hear your thoughts.

-Sam

Hi Sam,

I couldn’t send a sandcastle, because the project is confidential. The position of the billboard is constant and I change only the heading of the the camera in a setView - maybe I can produce a sandcastle for this.

I have this behaviour with Cesium World Terrain and ESRI World Imagery.

Rüdiger

My Problem is, that the marker has the same position and that I look perpendicular - so I expect that the marker has always the same position in the map !
Is the position of the map correct !

@Ruediger_Brand

Thank you for sending over the sandcastle demo. This really helps with the debugging process. I just opened up an issue for the most recent bug that you shared. Please feel free to add more details to the issue.

-Sam

@Ruediger_Brand

Please check the GitHub issue for an update from another Cesium developer.

The key seems to be setting verticalOrigin: Cesium.VerticalOrigin.CENTER. This is somewhat buried in our documentation but I think it will be helpful for you.

-Sam

Hi Sam,

this looks great - I think I have no chance to find such an behaviour !

Thanks to Sean Lilley !

Rüdiger

@Ruediger_Brand

You are welcome! I am glad that we could help. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Sam