Organization Name: Cesium
Job Title: Community Manager, Japan
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Mode of work: Hybrid
Job Description Summary: At the core of Cesium’s mission is to advance 3D geospatial through openness, community, and collaborations. Our success depends on a thriving ecosystem of developers who are empowered to create useful applications for a wide range of markets.
The Community Manager will build on Cesium’s existing roots in Japan that have been fostered since our spin-out in 2019. You will work to foster the growth and adoption of Cesium technology, engage with the developer community, promote the Cesium Certified Developer Program, work to source promising candidates for our Ecosystems Grants program and even connect customers and developers for win-win collaborations.
What you’ll do:
- One part technical, two parts outreach, you will promote, build, and foster a thriving community of Cesium developers in Japan.
- Deepen the value that Cesium brings to our established partners and customers by connecting Cesium developers and Cesium’s marquee partners as appropriate.
- Represent Cesium’s brand as an authority in 3D geospatial and open source
- Collaborate directly with the community via forums and virtual gatherings.
What we’re looking for:
7+ years of relevant experience
Must be familiar with Japanese business culture, building & engaging with development communities
Preferred past experience living/working in Japan
A strong desire to foster and grow a thriving community of developers and technology.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and share stakeholder requirements between the Cesium developer community and Cesium’s Product Management and Engineering teams.
A love of data and organization, and a desire to use it to drive your partnership strategies and systems.
Desire to work at a fast paced, growing startup where you’ll learn with us as we go.
Experience with geospatial, defense, games, open source communities, or related industries is preferred
Ability to work independently and iteratively improve based on feedback.
Experience with open-source business models is a bonus.
BA/BS required and MS, MBA preferred or equivalent experience.
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short term and long term disability.
- Tuition and Loan Reimbursement program.
- Relocation Assistance Packages, up to $15,000 to make it easier to move closer to our Philadelphia headquarters.
- Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy activities and lifestyle.
- 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
- Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture for your remote workspace
- Enjoy 21 paid personal days, as well as additional holidays and a winter break each year.
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Center city office just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia’s Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
Position will require several trips to Japan. We have a strong preference for this role to be hybrid in-person in our new headquarters in Philadelphia. Remote candidates may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
Job Description Link: Job Application for Community Manager, Japan at Cesium