回复: 回复: 回复: 回复:[cesium-dev] Re: why i can not see the 3dtile'data?

Sean Lilley:

thank you for your help. i fixed the .dae files,and then i have solved the problem that the files of .b3dm can not see.

i have another problem now, I use near 2GB data to do the test, Chrome browser browsing speed is not very fast, memory consumption is about 300MB, and fireFox memory consumption is about 1GB. the total data is over 400GB, the area is over 40 km2, How can we optimize browsing speed and reduce memory? Is it better to set the geometricError parameter? do you have a method or tool to calculate the geometricError?

thank you very much!

That is a lot of data…

Your geometric error is not too bad actually, each child seems to be half the geometric error of its parent. Sometimes that’s a simple but good approach. But if you notice detailed tiles loading in sooner than they need to you’ll probably want to decrease geometric error throughout. Geometric error doesn’t really have a single formula behind it so I’m not sure what method to recommend.

Another thing to experiment with is increasing tileset.maximumScreenSpaceError to load less tiles overall. This is a tradeoff - you get better performance but less detail.

Since your data has a lot of textures you could try making them smaller or looking into GPU texture compression formats like DXT. There is a tool in 3d-tiles-tools for compressing textures in a b3dm: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/3d-tiles-tools/tree/master/tools#optimizeb3dm. You can also use the same tool to quantize positions which will save geometry memory. The examples in the documentation should help with doing this.