Cesium ION SDK Sensor Visibility Analysis Tools

Hello,

I am trying to figure out when an (i.e. a ground target) entity is in the field of view of a different (i.e. sensor attached to a satellite) entity how could the ground target entity properties be dynamically changed when it is determined the ground target is in the sensor’s fov. The ground target is a constant property (stationary with a coordinate) and the satellite with the sensor has a time interval. Can this be implemented in CZML or does it need to be handled in code?

Updated: I have the Cesium ION SDK license that should allow me to do GPU-accelerated line of sight, viewshed, and visibility analytics. I have not been able to find any examples on how to use any of these features as indicated in this link Cesium ion SDK – Cesium.

Thank you.

Hi there,

If you start a local development server with the ION SDK, you can then navigate to http://localhost:8080/Apps/Sandcastle/index.html. Then click on “ion SDK - Viewshed” to see the code examples.

Hi Gabby,

Thank you so much for showing me how to get examples of features that will be useful for my team.

After looking through the examples, I don’t see an example of GPU line of sight analysis or visibility analytics.

The sensor feature that I am developing would detect an entity/object in its line of sight/field of view and then permanently change its color (from blue to green, for example). The viewshed examples temporarily highlights objects in its field of view. In regards to a sensor entity, does it throw an event when an object is in its field of view/line of sight? If yes, what is that event that I need to listen to?

Sirin
Sirin

Hi Sirin,

Right now the sensors show you visually what areas are covered. Extracting coverage information, such as a polygon of the covered area or a boolean value describing if a given point is covered or not, is in the roadmap but has not yet been implemented.

I’ll add your request as described here to the discussion.

Thanks!

Hi Gabby,

Thank you!