CesiumJS vs Google earth Performance issue (Web browser Crash)

I am making a 3d model viwer in cesiumjs. The geojson is requested from the url and it works fine for small models. Incase of complex json multipolygon files and json url request data exceeds 16mb cesium takes so long in parsing and then rendering and if I make a call to one other model it crashes the web browser with error out of memory. I checked chrome along side and it eats up around 900 memory for a 21mb geojson from url. Is there better way of memory management? or any tips how to tackle this problem. One solution could be 3d mesh simplification before sending the geojson for that model but I am asking related to memory management on client side.

Here is some sample data this is copyright protected and you cannot use it commercially without permission. I am sharing this for helpin performance tunning. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Z-6dBLgHpNaEwtcXVPMTZnS00/view?usp=sharing

There are two file geojson21mb one color equivalent to the same kml 65mb multiple color. Google earth can handle large number of such files slowly but never crashes anything. while on the other hand cesium will show the file and after few seconds sometimes or on loading other small model would crash the browser. There file contains thousands of triangle meshes.

Google Earth being a desktop application has a lot more head room than Cesium does when dealing with large data sets. I recently described some of these issues here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cesium-dev/F6IkY9aEG1I/8dRkhlBnLI4J We’ll continue to make improvements as time goes on. Thanks for sharing your data, I’ve downloaded it and will keep it around as a private large test case.

That being said, your use case (at least the KML file) looks like it would be much better served by a glTF file. What you are doing now isn’t really a 3D model but rather a bunch of polygons made to look like a 3D model. Cesium would probably be able to load this as a real 3D model today without an problems.

I’ll also mention that while Cesium supports all of the major browsers, I would recommend 64-bit Chrome as far as both performance and memory goes. There are large datasets that load in Chrome 64bit that won’t load in other browsers.

So I’m sorry I don’t have better answers for you, but I expect things to continue to improve at a rapid pace.