Converted gltf file lost its lighting

We have converted a dae file created by Blender to gltf file using the online converter on the website. But when we load it into our cesium code, it is too dark, you can barely see the colour of the car. I attach pictures of the model in its original shape and how it is looked on Cesium. It would be great if you anyone can help me with it. I can upload the dae or gltf file if necessary.

Thank you!

You can find dae and gltf files in car_red.zip file!

car_red.zip (3.13 MB)

Hello,

Maybe try increasing the ambient light in your model?

It could also be the lighting in Cesium. Did you try moving the time slider at the bottom?

Best,

Hannah

Hi,

I had a similar problem when converting my .3ds model to gltf.
I used Blender to import my .3ds and export a COLLADA .dae, then I used the online tool to convert the .dae to gltf. My gltf model kept coming up without lighting in Cesium.

To solve it, I had to select my model in Blender and then tick the ‘Selection Only’ checkbox during the COLLADA export. This way only the model gets exported and not the whole scene.

Good luck,

Laszlo

I too had this problem and found I had to remove the lights from the Collada DAE file before converting to glTF to fix this issue. As mentioned by someone else, if you are using Blender or similar you can export just the selected object and not the entire scene to fix this during export.

在 2017年5月24日星期三 UTC+8下午12:51:44,Brendan Brewster写道:

I too had this problem and found I had to remove the lights from the Collada DAE file before converting to glTF to fix this issue. As mentioned by someone else, if you are using Blender or similar you can export just the selected object and not the entire scene to fix this during export.

We have converted a dae file created by Blender to gltf file using the online converter on the website. But when we load it into our cesium code, it is too dark, you can barely see the colour of the car. I attach pictures of the model in its original shape and how it is looked on Cesium. It would be great if you anyone can help me with it. I can upload the dae or gltf file if necessary.

Thank you!

I'm totally new to blender, and I just want to import some 3d models into my cesium map..
The problem I met is:
1. I've downloaded the model files, it's like:
     /red-baron/source/plane_red_baren.fbx
     /red-baron/textures/*.png/jpg

Then I tried to use blender to import fbx file, but there's no texture attached...

2. then I select only the model and export it to a dae file, then convert it into gltf.
    In the preview window of the convertor, I can see a grey plane without textures
    but I can't see the plane if I imported the gltf into cesium.

the cesium code should be fine, since I just change the import src to another gltf model, and it shows up.

...please help ..

Hi, can you upload all the models you’re testing? That will help us figure out the problem.

red-baron.zip is the file I downloaded.

plane.gltf is the exported.

• Please help how to import fbx with texture

• I removed the scene in the model, only output the plane, but the gltf seems not right…

red-baron.zip (2.86 MB)

plane.gltf (114 KB)

Thanks for sending the model over. I was able to convert it to glTF with obj2gltf instead.

I attached a folder containing the original model files, a blender file that references the textures correctly, the exported obj/mtl file from Blender, and the glTF when running the model through obj2gltf. If you are converting it yourself, you will need to be on the alpha-texture branch of obj2gltf and use the command line flags mentioned here: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/obj2gltf/pull/124.

Thank u very much, but I didn’t find the attached files…

if you can also give instructions on :

how to import the file I uploaded into blender with textures? I import the fbx but textures isn’t added, seems I need to do some more operation?

again, thank u very much for your time, I’m going to take a look a obj2gltf

在 2018年1月4日星期四 UTC+8上午10:08:22,Sean Lilley写道:

Oh sorry, I forgot to attach the files. They are too large so here’s a google drive link instead: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13ayTAMPXUNEeEwTaptVtdvMk3d20JOD2

To get the textures working in Blender I had to manually load the textures and assign them to the correct material slots. I can give more instructions but hopefully the .blend file that is attached will show what I did.

The issue at #3737 has just been closed and may resolve your issue. Look for the change in Cesium 1.45 on May 1, or get it now in the master branch on GitHub https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium.