Crash when rendering sequence

Hello, i’m mid-project and when i want to render a sequence, my project crashes. It did render correctly before.
I’m using the latest version of cesium on UE 5.1.1.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000248

UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!TArray<TScriptDelegate,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> >::RemoveAllSwap<<lambda_91e272c2e6003ae2685cd0d06095ff3e> >() [D:\RocketSync\5.1.0-23058290+++UE5+Release-5.1\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h:2691]
UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!ACesium3DTileset::BeginPlay() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\CesiumForUnreal\Source\CesiumRuntime\Private\Cesium3DTileset.cpp:580]
UnrealEditor_Engine!AActor::DispatchBeginPlay() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:4055]
UnrealEditor_Engine!AWorldSettings::NotifyBeginPlay() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\WorldSettings.cpp:291]
UnrealEditor_Engine!AGameStateBase::HandleBeginPlay() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\GameStateBase.cpp:207]
UnrealEditor_Engine!UWorld::BeginPlay() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\World.cpp:4882]
UnrealEditor_Engine!UGameInstance::StartPlayInEditorGameInstance() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\GameInstance.cpp:547]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::CreateInnerProcessPIEGameInstance() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\PlayLevel.cpp:3210]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::OnLoginPIEComplete_Deferred() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\PlayLevel.cpp:1673]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::CreateNewPlayInEditorInstance() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\PlayLevel.cpp:1936]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::StartPlayInEditorSession() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\PlayLevel.cpp:2941]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::StartQueuedPlaySessionRequestImpl() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\PlayLevel.cpp:1250]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::StartQueuedPlaySessionRequest() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\PlayLevel.cpp:1153]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\EditorEngine.cpp:1777]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\UnrealEdEngine.cpp:517]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:5369]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:202]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:107]
UnrealEditor!LaunchWindowsStartup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:244]
UnrealEditor!WinMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:282]
UnrealEditor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [D:\a_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

I’m hoping for some help. I see some seemingly related topics that perhaps are related one way or another.

Can you explain in more detail when this crash happens? It appears to be on this line:

Which implies that either sequenceActor or sequenceActor->GetSequencePlayer() is a null pointer. But it’s not obvious to me why that would happen.

Thanks for your reply, I’m really in need of some help :slight_smile:

The crash happens when i push to play the level in the editor, or when push on render (local) for my sequence.

What do you mean by null pointer? that it tries to refer to something which is not there?

I’ve deleted all my sequences to test out if it would crash but it still does. It seems that it doesn’t matter which sequences are in my queue too. It already crashes when it tries to load.

Yes, a null pointer is a common concept in C++. It’s a reference to nothing.

I don’t know what might cause what you’re seeing. Can you provide a project that reproduces the problem, so that I can take a look? Alternatively, if you could provide step-by-step instructions for reproducing it, preferably starting with the Cesium for Unreal Samples project, that would work too.

I can sent you the project (without building then). To where can i sent a download link?

You can send me a private message through this forum by clicking by profile picture and then “Message”. Or email to kevin@cesium.com.

I’ve sent you the link in a message here :slight_smile:

The project has an “Animatie” folder which holds all the sequences that i like to render out.

I found the sequence which gave the error yes.
Thank you for helping out :slight_smile:

Can you give the solution as I’m having exactly the same issue with exactly the same exception error number every time I try to render a sequence.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000248

UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!TDelegateAccessHandlerBase::FWriteAccessScope::FWriteAccessScope() [D:\RocketSync\5.3.0-27405482+++UE5+Release-5.3\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateAccessHandler.h:139]
UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!ACesium3DTileset::BeginPlay() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\CesiumForUnreal\Source\CesiumRuntime\Private\Cesium3DTileset.cpp:580]
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

I believe the problem was caused by having a LevelSequence in the level that was not actually running. The workaround is to remove your sequences from your level when you’re not using them.

We just merged a PR that should fix this issue, and it will be in the next release: