display video on polygon

Hi,
  I'm a beginner of cesium and now I would like to display a video on a polygon such as a rectangle or a wall but I don't know how to do. Does it need to set the property "material"? and can you offer me a simple example of code as a reference?
Thanks.

Hello,

This functionality is not currently supported in cesium.

Best,

Hannah

There’s actually some prototype capability in the video-material branch that you can check out. This addresses the problem at the Entity API level (but will probably eventually be backported to the lower material level). You can either use the branch as-is, or just have a look at the code (it’s not much) and role your own: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/compare/video-material

This was a pet project of mine a while ago that I never got around to finishing, but after merging in master I realized that Cesium has improved a lot and it should be easy to actually make it official, I’ll try to remember and comeback to update this thread when video support is getting ready to ship.

Hope that helps,

Matt

FYI, I just opened https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/pull/3206, which adds officially support for video textures.

Hi Matthew,

i saw it is already merged. Do you have a short manual how to start with that?

thanks,
David

I found the video.html at the github repo :wink:

Cool, that’s where I was going to point you. If you have any problems, questions, or feedback, please let me know.

Well i have a problem.
im running a nginx webserver for testing as localhost.
the cesium 1.15 is running well.
But i also have a second folder with the github cesium repo.

This is not running. nginx gives me depending on the browser different errors. can you give me a hint how to get the github stuff running?

well, i had to setup all again. but still im getting an error with /Source/Shaders/GroundAtmosphere.js on chrome 46

Hi Matthew,
   Thanking for your offer of help and the demo ran successfully in my computer.
But when I replaced the file 'cesium.js' in the folder 'Source' with 'cesium.js'in
path 'Build\Cesium',the demo can't ran and threw en error which said that Cesium is undefined.I need to use the 'cesium.js' in path 'Build\Cesium' and I feel a little puzzled. Can you help me how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Andrew

Source\Cesium.js and Build\Cesium\Cesium.js are completely different, you just can’t swap one with the other. In order to do a full build of master and use the combined/built version of Cesium, you need to run npm run release.

For running Sandcastle on GitHub, you need to disable jekyll, see our blog post for the details: https://cesiumjs.org/2015/10/07/Hosting-Cesium-Sandcastle-with-GitHub-pages/

Matthew,

thanks for the hint.
that got it working :wink:

i want to plot a czml path synched with a video.
i tried to do that with

synchronizer = new Cesium.VideoSynchronizer({
        clock : viewer.clock, //clock : viewer.clock,
        element : videoElement
    });

but when the flight starts, the video jumps to 2hrs 11s or so.
Also the playback speed of the path is 63. Maybe this is related?
Can you give me a hint on how to set the clock and also the playback speed to 1?

Thanks,
David