displaying entities and the washy look

Hi everyone,

as you can see in the adjacent image, there’s a building assembled through “stacked” entities in cesiumjs. Each of them should have an alternating color but it looks as shown, quite washy and without clear boundaries.

Did anyone see this effect, and how to handle this effect?

Are you able to recreate this issue on Sandcastle (https://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Apps/Sandcastle/index.html) ? If so, could you send me a link to a reproducible example? (You can click “Share” in the top and get a link).

Does this change based on the camera angle? Does it look correct at any vantage point? What type of geometry are these entities, just rectangles with a solid color material, or something else?

Hi Omar,

thanks a lot for your response.

I can try it but I did this never before. That’s why I think it could take a moment…

It doesn’t change. And there’s no vantage point where it is correct. Unfortunately the look is “stable”. The entities are of the geometry type “polygon” built by entity api in cesium.

Best regards

Thomas

Hi Omar,

so sorry but some things need the time they need.

Please use this link to have a look a the effect

I’m qite excited if you can give the deciding hints.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas.

This is an issue known as z-fighting. The problem is when you have two polygons at the same position in 3D space, they will show through each other like this. This is easy to see if you separate out the two sets and toggle between them, like in this modified Sandcastle.

Are they intentionally supposed to overlap like this? If not, you can alter the dimensions so they are stacked instead of overlapping and it should fix it.