Edit 3D Photorealistic Google Tiles? Offline 3D Model?

I am wondering, is there a way to export a portion of the terrain tiles as 3D objects? Such as an FBX? I am wanting to touch up some of the buildings in the Photorealistic tiles? Also maybe extracting some of the buildings and cliffs from the high definition terrain so I can import them as 3D models in my game Glider Sim.

Thanks,
Joey

Hi @5DRealities, welcome to community!

It sounds like Cesium ion’s new “Clips” feature is what you’re after:

Unfortunately this can’t be used with Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles or Bing Maps, though, due to their terms of use.

Ah man, this is a bummer. Exactly what I was looking for. But yeah, I go to clips, 3D Tiles, but none of the data shows. It’s just a blue earth? Is this expected because of the terms of use?

Any idea if this is going to change in the future? I wonder if there is a way to work out a licensing agreement with Bing or Google or something?

I go to clips, 3D Tiles, but none of the data shows. It’s just a blue earth?

I don’t quite follow. Maybe you can share a screenshot or something?

I wonder if there is a way to work out a licensing agreement with Bing or Google or something?

We’re continually trying, of course! I suggest reaching out to Google directly and letting them know that this is something you’re interested in. There’s a “Send Feedback” button on this page:

We also just announced the availability of Vexcel 3D cities for offline use, so that might be a nice alternative for you: