I am facing some problems in setting cesium up. I have got and build the code. And also I followed instructions given on http://cesiumjs.org/tutorials/cesium-up-and-running/ . But when I start npm from my terminal and type this in browser http://localhost:8080/Apps/HelloWorld.html ,I am getting nothing but a blank page. And also when I open http://localhost:8080/Build/Documentation/index.html I am getting the error showing below in the screenshot. I have searched a lot but I am not able to get where it is going wrong. Also on http://localhost:8080/ Tests are not running. Is it possible that there is some problem with my npm configuration?
Please help me out with this.
I will suggest you to use a different server like Apache instead of Nodejs, since there are only limited things that you can do with Nodejs.
Here is what you can do:
– Install Xampp(includes Apache, MySQL, FileZilla, Tomcat although you will need only Apache)
– Assign default port (8080) for Apache server
– Put your Cesium folder(unzipped) in “htdocs” folder in Xampp installation directory
– And start your Apache server using Xampp control panel
– Type the url: “localhost://Path/to/your/html page” in the browser
hey, Does installing Cesium this way gives you ability to connect to MySQL easier?
I would recommend following the official install instructions here:
Since setting up with npm allows you to build the project correctly. You can have a MySQL or other services running on different ports, so this should be unrelated to your CesiumJS setup.