Find specific tiles in the Unreal Editor

I am new Cesium user, apologies for any newbie misconceptions/mistakes.

How can I find certain tiles within the Unreal editor? (Some more info below):
I am using Cesium ion to locally stream tiles from a URL. I am trying to find tiles with high level-of-detail (LOD) and make sure everything is loading/rendering properly. The tileset I am using is very large, so it’s not very feasible to traverse the entire map to try and find the most detailed tiles.

Thank you so much for any assistance!

Hi @lholtz,

I don’t think that there is an easy way to find a specific tile, aside from its geographic location (longitude/latitude or ECEF coordinates.) You could try to switch to wireframe view and look for tiles with denser wireframes.

-Alex

Hi Alex, thank you for the reply! So there is no way to find (or only load) tiles that are a specific LOD? (I have been looking within the tileset directory to try and figure out a solution. There is a “terrain” folder in the current repository I am in and I see it has folders from 0-19. I was wondering if there is any possible way to only render the tiles in the “19” folder?)

Hi @lholtz,

There is not a way that I am aware of, but if you’re experienced with c++ you could take a look at the plugin code and see if you can modify it.

This isn’t really my area of expertise, but to the best of my knowledge, those subdirectories would probably represent different areas of the tileset, and not different resolutions. Instead, you would probably want to be diving deeper into those subdirectories - the files deepest in those directories might be the highest resolution tiles.

-Alex

Hi Alex,

I actually do have experience with C++ so, if all else fails, I might try taking a look at the plugin code like you suggested. Thank you also for the information about the directories, I think I was misunderstanding the structure of the repository hierarchy!

Do you know any resources I could use/contact if I run into problems while modifying the plugin code? Thanks so much again for your help.