General Collision Issues

Hello all,

When bringing in local 3D tilesets into unreal, I’ve found that quite a lot of them seem to have no or flaky collision in some parts. It is usually, (though not exclusive to) curved surfaces, such as mounds or cylindrical areas. Although as I said sometimes it can be flat areas if they are small in size. I generally seem to have better luck with collision when it comes to importing tilesets with larger flat areas.

Another thing to note is that in the ‘player collision’ view mode all my tilesets appear and are meshed, so it’s not a case of them not being picked up.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? And is there anything I could be doing to improve the collision of the imported tilesets which I might not be doing.

Thanks to any responses.

Check out these two threads, they’re similar issues.

You might be able to fix your problem with the suggestion of @Kevin_Ring in this post: Some models are collision-free - #10 by Kevin_Ring

I personally wasn’t able to fix it with the Cesium tiles and had to go back to using static meshes that I place in the world with a Globe Anchor Component

1 Like