Get KML files from Archicad model

Hi! I’m starting to use Cesium and for now I could add some properties to my models if I upload them like .gITF. I use to work with Archicad, so I tried to export the file as .dae but there’s no metadata inside. Is there any way to obtain a KML in archicad? Or with another software using the Archicad model I have.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @FallenOz,

Thank you for your question! I’d love to learn a little bit more about your high-level goals with Cesium. To be honest, I am not very familiar with archicad but I am also interested in learning about how it related to Cesium.

Best,
Sam

Hi @sam.rothstein,

I’m trying to make some kind of world map with my company’s work (architecture firm), so we could add filters to locate them easy anywhere. There’s no direct link between Archicad and Cesium, so I was trying to export the 3D model to upload it to Cesium (like the BIM guide says) but I’m not able to add properties. It’s a research project :smile: because it’s the first time we’re trying something like this, so I hope someone tried this before and could help hehe

Hi @FallenOz!

Ahhh I understand now. Are your properties already stored in your dataset? If so, you should be able to view the metadata of your tileset. This sandcastle example showcases how this can be done in your JavaScript code:

I am looking forward to learning more.

Best,
Sam

Hi @sam.rothstein,

I think no, because I’m following these steps (3D Models – Cesium) and when I click my building nothing appears (exporting in .obj or .fbx), I’m not sure if it’s something related to that.