How to add several RasterOverlays?

Hi Cesium Team,
I want to add some pipeline layers in to one Cesium3DTile Object. I noticed a key named “Material Layer Key”, in M_CesiumBaseMaterial, it has Clipping,Overlay1,Overlay0 and Background. I use Overlay0 to load image layer and use Overlay1 to load one pipeline layer and use Overlayer2 to load another one pipeline layer, it can be mixed successful, however, how to add other pipeline others to mix them? When I add custom keys in M_CesiumBaseMaterial, it could not work, can you give me some suggestions?

Hi @Weike_Li,

Have you read the material editing tutorial? If not, I recommend you take a look at that - it explains in depth how aspects of the material system work.

I don’t think there’s a limit on how many Raster Overlays you can add. At least, I’ve tried with 7 and it seems to work. If you’re having trouble loading multiple overlays, make sure that the Material Layer Key matches the layer name of your material. In the screenshot you posted, you would need to make sure that there is a Raster Overlay component on your tileset with its material layer key set to Layer 5. If that doesn’t work, try removing the space from both.

I’m not sure about the error code - I’ve never seen it before. If you modified M_CesiumBaseMaterial, it’s possible that that is causing issues - that material should not be modified. Try removing your changes. You may need to reinstall the plugin to restore it to its previous state.

I hope that this helps. Let me know if you have further questions after checking out the material tutorial.

-Alex

Hi @agallegos,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to reinstall the plugin and use the material key to add some Raster Overlays, it works. I have modified M_CesiumBaseMaterial before, I got it the material should not be modified. Thanks for your tips.

Regards

1 Like