1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.
How to only render the entities in camera view?
I know cesium does this automatically with a 3D tileset.json, is there a quick way to do this with entities?
Only show the entities when camera is in view of them?
I’ve been looking at the cesium occluder but it’s a bit confusing as I don’t know what an occluder is or looks like, google hasn’t helped.
2. A minimal code example. If you’ve found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.
3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.
4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.
The Cesium engine already does something like this, see here:
Note that it’s not as straightforward as it sounds because:
- There isn’t a 1 to 1 correspondence between entities and primitives, since the Entity API is optimized in various ways, sometimes 1 primitive renders multiple entities to reduce draw calls.
- Cesium uses a multi-frustum system
Notice how the engine uses the bounding volume to check whether something is visible: