How to put a picture to cover earth?

We have wms servers to provide offline map data, apparently we can’t cover the entire planet, so as first entry the cesium shows a blank white earth then flyto my region then it all works.

I wonder could we set a picture or any other methods to cover the initial earth for a better performance?

Hi Karl,

For imagery, checkout the Cesium Imagery Layers tutorial. It will go through several options you can use here.

Also, see Globe Materials for a way to color the globe. You won’t need to load in any imagery data with that method.

Thanks,

Gabby

Hello Gabby

Here is what I do

var provider = new Cesium.WebMapServiceImageryProvider({

url : ‘xxx’,

layers : ‘0’,

proxy: new Cesium.DefaultProxy(’/proxy/’)

});

viewer.imageryLayers.addImageryProvider(provider);

var layers = viewer.scene.imageryLayers;

var blackMarble = layers.addImageryProvider(Cesium.createTileMapServiceImageryProvider({

url : Cesium.buildModuleUrl(‘NaturalEarthII’)

}));

blackMarble.alpha = 0.6;

blackMarble.brightness = 0.8;

In that way, the NaturalEarthII covers my WMS layer and make it fuzzy, I’ve tried to adjust the alpha and brightness value to make it look better, but it still not a way.

If I put it other way around, like:

var layers = viewer.scene.imageryLayers;

var blackMarble = layers.addImageryProvider(Cesium.createTileMapServiceImageryProvider({

url : Cesium.buildModuleUrl(‘NaturalEarthII’)

}));

blackMarble.alpha = 0.6;

blackMarble.brightness = 0.8;

var provider = new Cesium.WebMapServiceImageryProvider({

url : ‘xxx’,

layers : ‘0’,

proxy: new Cesium.DefaultProxy(’/proxy/’)

});

viewer.imageryLayers.addImageryProvider(provider);

The WMS layer covers the NaturalEarthII and the planet is still blank.

Do you have a better idea?

Thank you.

在 2018年7月21日星期六 UTC+8上午2:27:06,Gabby Getz写道:

If you look at the docs for when create a WebMapServiceImageryProvider, there are lots of options there, including some which will limit the extent and levels where your imagery is displayed.

Try the rectangle option if you need to limit the extents displayed, and minimumLevel and maximumLevel options if you want to limit which levels are displayed.

Thanks!

Gabby