},
            }),
          },
          polylines
        )
      )
    );
  }

I am using this to generate segments underneath a more complext polyline I have. However, when I am generating this polyline collection, it is using the arcType of NONE rather than GEODESIC

can someone please tell me how to make this polyline use the GEODESIC arcType? I have tried adding it as a property on the same level as the material like so: arcType: ArcType.GEODESIC, but it doesn’t seem to do any good.

Here is a screenshot of the issue I am seeing just in case my description was not clear:
Untitled

The polyline that is working properly was added with the following syntax:

viewer.entities.add({
    polyline: {
      positions: positions,
      material: new ColorMaterialProperty(Color.WHITE.withAlpha(0.5)),
    },
  });

However, when I try adding the red line to the entities collection like this (as opposed to the primitives collection), I am unable to drill pick the red line and could not figure out why. Thank you for your help.

Hi @shane_benlolo,

its easier for us if you provide a sandcastle with code instead of screenshots, but after a quick look over your code it looks like you just forgot to add “Cesium” infront of the parameter:

arcType: Cesium.ArcType.GEODESIC

Or do you “import” Cesium and don’t have to add Cesium to all things?

Best, Lennart

Hey @lennart.imberg thanks for the response. Here is a sandcastle reproduction like you requested, Cesium Sandcastle

I am importing ArcType directly in my code, no leading Cesium required. When trying to add the arcType property to my Polyline, I am seeing the following TypeScript error:

'arcType' does not exist in type 
'{ 
 show?: boolean; 
 width?: number; 
 loop?: boolean;
 material?: Material;  
 positions?: Cartesian3[]; 
 id?: any; 
 distanceDisplayCondition?: DistanceDisplayCondition;
}'.

Hi,

I’m not familiar with TypeScript, but looking into the docs of Cesium, it seems the property arcType is only existant for entities (PolylineGraphics) and not for primitives (Polyline / PolylineCollection). That’s all I can tell, maybe some other folks can help here.

Best, Lennart