I want to animate polygon data of Geojson or shape file

↑like this

I’d like to create an animation that moves the terrain polygon to an arbitrary place.

I’m trying to make polygon animation using Cesium.Entity

, I would like to know how to insert Geojson or Shapefile in model, or convert Geojson or Shapefile to gltf file

(Because there are cases where it passes near the pole, it was unsuccessful to create a CZML file from Geojson at the place after using the affine transformation.)

Hi there,

This is unfortunately a much trickier problem than it seems at first glance. You could start with a loaded file, then have a button that does the animation by temporarily replacing positions using callback properties and “putting back” the final static versions. This could get very expensive though. Here’s an example of a callback property updating positions: http://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Apps/Sandcastle/index.html?src=Hello%20World.html&label=Showcases&gist=61eef377419deac578685c8ea1804c1b

You could also use a single batched primitive direction and just modify the model matrix to transform the entire entity. However, this method isn’t perfect either, since the earth isn’t a sphere.

I hope one of these methods work for you!

• Rachel