i3S data with cesium?

Good evening,
My goal is to test and compare the performance of 3D tiles VS i3S in :
o storing large volumes of data (volumetry).
o displaying (data display time)

I have currently 2 larges 3Dtiles files. For information, i work on windows OS.
a. Is there a way two convert those two 3D tiles toward i3S format ?
b. Is there a way to load i3S format with Cesium (Cesium-ion, cesiumJS,etc.)
c. Could you recommand some ways, some tools in order to make the performance test (data display time,etc.)

In advance, thanks a lot for your help.

There are currently no plans to add support converting and loading I3S in CesiumJS. What kind of performance are you looking for?

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your message.
i would like to find a way with cesium JS or cesium ion to get some performance informations regarding displaying/loading time of a tile set. I would like also get some informations regarding the number of meshs/TIN composing a tileset, the area (km2) of a tileset, the density of meshs/tin by area unity. Also some informations regarding the tileset 's size of the texture.
How to make this kind of assessmment ? With adding some javascript lines ? Or with windows command systems ?
Thanks a lot.

Hi @Image_95

Any news about performance comparison between 3d tiles vs i3s to render 3d geospatial ?

I need to render 3d geospatial on a mobile app in flutter. I’d like to know if I should go with 3d tiles rendered on Cesium or VTS technology
or
i3d with “I still don’t what tool to render it”.

I’d like to know if you had the opportunity to compare performances ?

Hi there,

We do have an open source contribution supporting i3s in CesiumJS, though it is not yet merged into the main branch.

I cannot speak to a direct comparison between the two formats. Results can deepened on what tools you use to create the files. At Cesium, we’ve optimized our streaming engines and our 3D Tiles pipeline to work together for optimal performance.