label eyeOffset

I’m trying to set an the eyeOffset of a label, and I’m not seeing any changes to the rendering. I’m thinking this is because of the way I’m creating the label. I’m creating a Entity parent with three children, a Billboard Entity, and Label Entity, and a Pin(which is just a billboard) Entity. Does eyeOffset only work within a single Entity? Should I create the Billboard, Label, and Pin within the same Entity to be able to control the rendering order?

Scott

Hello Scott,

Can you please paste a code example? I don’t see why eyeOffset wouldn’t work. Maybe there’s a bug with the particular combination of entities you are using.

Thanks,

Hannah

I figured the issue out. I had set the eyeOffset to increasing Z values and label never moved. I guess the label by default always renders on top of the earth. As soon as I use negative values the label moved. I guess I just expected the label to disappear inside of the earth when I kept increasing the values in the wrong direction. The documentation suggest that the eyeOffset is calculated in the camera space, so I also thought that I have have that wrong as well, so I had tried normalizing the objects position and then multiplying that by a scalar which didn’t seem to do much either(set in world space).

Thanks,

Scott