LASSO or RUBBERBAND

Hello Patrik,

we have developed cesium for our product.

we have found cesium very impressive so far but we are stuck with the Lasso functionality or RubberBand Functionality as given by ESRI or GE.

please look at the below link for the ESRI Draw tool.

http://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/samples/toolbar_draw/

It would be great if you could provide us inputs whether the cesium API can provide the lasso functionality.

or if we have to do manually then for now we are drawing circles and polygons .

could you please guide as to how to go about it .

thanks and regards,

chandrika

Hi Chandrika,

Perhaps this is of interest: https://github.com/leforthomas/cesium-drawhelper

Sounds like you are working on a cool app. Do you have a link?

Thanks,

Patrick

Hello Patrik,

The information provided by you was very helpful indeed. thank you so much.

But regarding the link of our product , we are still under development once sent to production shall ping u the link.

thanks a lot for your valuable inputs

thanks and regards,

chandrika

Hello Patrik,

just one small doubt regarding the lasso in the github which u have provided cause when i tried to put the folder in the webapps and open index.html , i could see the tool bar properly.

But there is a problem when dragging any shape say circle and placing it on the map.

the error being displayed on the developer tool is that

var cartesian = scene.camera.pickEllipsoid(movement.position, ellipsoid); that pickEllipsoid is undefined.

could you please let me know if there is a version mismatch , but i am just using the code, js and css files provided by you in the github only and opening the index.html. please guide me as to why it is throwing the error.

thanks and regards

chandrika

Hello Patrik,

made some changes at the importing of cesium.js in index.html to

then it is working . Please let me know if this is the right away as i could see all the functionalities of lasso without any errors.

thanks and regards,

chandrika

Hi Chandrika,

This plugin was developed by Thomas Lefort so I do not know the specifics. Its README.md says that it was tested against Cesium 1.0 and should include details on how to use it. From time to time, we do make breaking changes to the Cesium API and document them in the Cesium CHANGES.md. However, we have not removed Camera.pickEllipsoid.

Patrick

Hi Chandrika,

What’s the status of your project? If it’s completed, we’d love to see the finished product and promote it if we can.

-Sarah

Cesium Editor