Loading Clusters of Levels at the same geolocation

Hi everyone,

We are dealing with very large projects which are being geolocated using the Cesium Georeference. Currently the georeference selects the nearest level and loads/makes visible this level and unloads all others.

Is there a way to instead to change this behavior to load a cluster of levels at the specified location. As in an array of sub-levels for set geolocation.

For example we have a project which is a housing development which spans across four separate but related suburbs. At the moment they all need to be contained within a single level to be handled by the Georeference loading. From a workflow point of view, it’s much more efficient if we could load a cluster of levels at this geolocation instead.

This means that we can have multiple artists working on foliage/set dressing/asset placement in many levels to create the end result as the usual approach would be. These levels could then be clustered together in the georeference and all loaded at that geolocation.

If we could load levels as cluster at many different geolocation we could then toggle the visibility of individual levels within that cluster as needed.

2 Likes

Hello @V2i,

That sounds like an interesting project! As a workaround, it may be possible to have logic within a dummy georeferenced sublevel to itself load/unload further sublevels (the ones from the actual cluster). This could be triggered when the dummy level is loaded/unloaded. I haven’t tried that yet, but I imagine that would suffice as a workaround since all the sublevels in the cluster will be loaded when you approach the location.

Again I haven’t tried it so let me know if that doesn’t work. It may be a while before we have the bandwidth to re-engineer the georeferenced sublevels code to directly support that, but I hope the workaround is sufficient till then.

Nithin Pranesh

Hi @Nithin_Pranesh , thanks for the response. We just made a quick test to try it out and it seems to do the correct job. Using a World Composition persistent with the Dummy level as a sub-level handled by the Georeference actor.

Then we call spawn dynamic level instances from outside the WC structure to be loaded on Dummy level Begin Play.

On End Play we mark the Dynamic Levels to be unloaded and Removed.

This lets us toggle the visibility of the Dynamic Levels as needed while still loaded at the correct location. As when the Dummy Level is loaded, the Georeference Origin is set at this location.

Thanks for the suggestion.

This is the test set up:

2 Likes