loading dataSource from json too slow / see screenshot

hi,

I created a prototype of Cesium + AngularJS and experienced some issues when it comes to handing vector data. For instance the rendering of this WFS service (http://data.wien.gv.at/daten/geoserver/ows?service=WFS&request=GetFeature&version=1.1.0&typeName=ogdwien:BAUBLOCKOGD&srsName=EPSG:4326&outputFormat=json) takes several seconds. Afterwards, any kind of interaction with the map is very slow.

Here is the screenshot and the source code (there is lot of metaprogramming magic; I just extracted the relevant code):

var dataSource = new Cesium.GeoJsonDataSource();

dataSource.loadUrl(url);

var dataSources = viewer.dataSources;

dataSources.add(dataSource);

Could you help me to speed up the rendering and further working with the application?

Every help appreciated.

jepetko

The performance problems are a known issue. I’m actively working on a major architectural change that will make this smooth and fast. I’ll update this thread as soon as I have something for you to try out.

hi Matthew,

thank you for this feedback! I’m looking forward to see it in action! :wink:

Since I evaluate Cesium now I will post even more questions :-/. Nevertheless I think of Cesium to be a very cool API.

Good luck

jepetko

Is there any update on this. I'm loading a KML file and it is so slow to load and render. We are looking at other options. Using Cesium via browser, not desktop version.

Hi,

We’re tracking our KML graphics improvement ideas in this GitHub issue.

Can you let us know the version of cesium you are using, and provide a code example if possible?

Thanks,

Gabby