Netcdf with Cesium

Hi Cesium developers,
I would like to use Cesium to take Netcdf data and render 3d isosurfaces, a bit like terrain, as well as contour maps. Has anyone used Netcdf's with Cesium and can offer advice?
Appreciated,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome. I’m not aware of any Cesium work with Netcdf, but we certainty encourage it. We have several folks who have generated data in the Cesium terrain format, which is subject to some changes (that will be published), but don’t let that stop you. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. I think I would need funding in order to develop it. But I might take a look at what is needed in my spare time.

Regards,

Paul

Hi,

Any news on this topic ?
I would be very interested to share experiences on working with netCDF data from Cesium.

regards
Patrick

Hi Paul, Patrick,

you could access your NETCDF via a THEDDS server and it ncWMS extension, however that does not give you an ISO surface.
But we are interested in the same thing, I did some of it under iGlobe (based on NASA WW) - but got stripped of funding...
However there is some activity now and I will post where we get to - I would encourage you to do the same.
Cheers
Uwe

Hi Paul, Patrick,

This link is suitable for your needs.

Cheers
Ryousuke

2014年10月29日水曜日 20時11分24秒 UTC+9 Patrick Brockmann: