New install on Chromebook, helloworld error message.

An error occurred while rendering. Rendering has stopped.

SecurityError: Failed to execute ‘texImage2D’ on ‘WebGLRenderingContext’: The cross-origin image at file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Assets/Textures/moonSmall.jpg may not be loaded.
Error: Failed to execute ‘texImage2D’ on ‘WebGLRenderingContext’: The cross-origin image at file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Assets/Textures/moonSmall.jpg may not be loaded.
at Error (native)
at new _ (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:440:28824)
at M.update (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:445:25603)
at E.update (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:464:2490)
at m.update (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:468:3020)
at ze (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:472:127)
at qe (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:472:3587)
at de.render (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:472:8773)
at P.render (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:477:23238)
at t (file:///media/removable/USB%20Drive/Cesium/Build/Cesium/Cesium.js:477:9891)

Hello Chuck,

Have you see our getting stated tutorial? http://cesiumjs.org/tutorials/cesium-up-and-running/

This will give you instructions for setting up a local server to run a Cesium application to run locally.

Best,

Hannah

Found the problem. Web server was set to use port 8887. Changing the port number in url fixed it.
I suppose I could change the port number the server is using.

Found the problem by just retracing the steps in the tutorial. Thanks.

Also, I was trying to invoke Cesium by simply invoking the helloworld file from the Chromebook Files App.
That still doesn’t work. Not surprising since the pathname does not look much like the url.