OBJ files does not translate properly to 3DTiles

Hello. I uploaded a OBJ file together with MTL and PNG (texture), asset 794836, as data type 3D model. In ION it renders fine although you can only see the outside (you can’t see the inside like with a point cloud). It is a mesh of a building with interior. When I try to render it with three-loader-3tiles, it only gives a very distorted flat representation. The other examples (with point clouds in ION) I tried worked perfectly fine in this setup. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks so much for a reply.

Hi @LukasVanDelft,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your question! :grinning:

I took some time to look through our tiling logs for your asset (794836). On our end, it does not appear like there were any issues with your tiling job. Can you please confirm that your asset does indeed include an interior? In the meantime, I am going to check in with our tiling squad about our support for interior rendering when tiling an OBJ file.

Best,
Sam

Hi. It for sure contains interior. But with three-loader-3tiles it also does not render the outside properly.
The point clouds files I used are las files with a e57 unordered source, those work correctly.

Hi @LukasVanDelft,

I just checked in with the rest of the support team on this topic. We should get back to you with more information shortly.

Best,
Sam

Hi @LukasVanDelft,

Given that the ThreeJS loader is not managed or maintained by Cesium, I suggest that you open up an issue on their GitHub page or their community forum. You will probably get the most accurate support for ThreeJS related questions there.

As for debugging your issue, a great first step would be to open your file in CesiumJS and ensure that it looks correct there. If there is an issue viewing the file in CesiumJS, we may have to investigate our tiler. However, if things look fine in CesiumJS, I would assume the issue is with the ThreeJS loader.

Best,
Sam