Online Sandcastle for previous versions?

I need to track down what I think might be a regression, and in the past it’s been really helpful to be able to just paste a code block into various versions of Sandcastle to find the version where things broke. I’m pretty sure that I used to be able to do this but I’m having trouble finding the right URL scheme in my notes.

I found this very old post saying that there should be a Sandcastle link from the Downloads page, which I think is here now, but that’s no longer the case. It also used to be possible to get to a “front page” for each release, e.g. here but the Sandcastle links on those pages are broken now too.

Is there a current way to use old Cesium versions live online? I want to file a bug report but I don’t have time to download a dozen old versions and build them myself…

@James_B this is indeed no longer supported. I have found the Glitch template referenced in this tutorial to be a useful workflow for this: https://cesium.com/docs/tutorials/build-a-flight-tracker/#step-1-set-up-your-cesium-app

Since all you have to do is change the version number linked from the CDN to quickly try older versions (of course you can do this in any environment). Here’s a direct link to the cesium template that can be forked (or “remixed”): https://glitch.com/edit/#!/cesium-template

1 Like

Thanks Omar. It took a while to spin up, but I was able to test my code and determine that this isn’t a regression, just a misunderstanding on my part. It would be cool if this template were added to the bug-report template on GH, as a Sandcastle alternative – i.e., “Include a link to a reproduction of the issue using {Sandcastle}, or remix {this Glitch template}.”, etc.

(In case you’re curious, I was using an imagery provider from the BaselayerPicker widget to manually request an image with requestImage, thinking that would cause the errorEvent to raise, but it does not. I thought it had done so in the past because I was also selecting that provider as the active baselayer, which caused the Viewer to request imagery from it, which does trigger errorEvent when it fails. It’s clear to me now, although a few words in the docs about exactly when errorEvent is supposed to fire sure wouldn’t hurt :smiley: )

1 Like