Origin rebasing with multiplayer - world not appearing in same place

When we move from away from the origin in multiplayer it seems like there’s drastic dropoff in location accuracy between the players. So we move say 5km from the origin and the other player may seem like they’re 100 meters above me. We turned off the Keep World Origin Near Camera check box, and it helped in close radius of say 5km to origin, but going beyond that things froze. What can we do to make sure everyone is synchronized?

Hi @carlrealvr,

I can’t be certain what’s happening here, but I can make some educated guesses. When “Keep World Origin Near Camera” is disabled, the freezing is likely caused by Unreal killing your pawn because it has traveled too far from the origin. A message in the Output Log should confirm this. You probably need to disable “Enable World Bounds Checks” as explained in Cesium for Unreal’s “sub-levels” tutorial:

When “Keep World Origin Near Camera” is enabled, the problem is likely that origin rebasing doesn’t work correctly with multiplayer by default. You need to “Enable Multiplayer World Origin Rebasing” in your project settings. I’m not an expert in this area, but one of the developers on our team did some experiments and wrote up some detailed notes about it:

Kevin