Path Visualizer instanceof issue

1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.

The original problem I was having was presented as a resolution no better than once per 60 seconds on a path being drawn with a SampledPositionProperty.

Code copied from the Interpolation sandcastle example (changed to 1 degree increments in the for loop).

In sandcastle I see a smooth round circle. In my electron environment I see a hexagon. (see attachment)

It turns out that debugging lead me to reallySubSample in PathVisualizer.js. The “property instanceof SampledPositionProperty” check is failing. (This gives you a resolution of 60 from the Math.max in subSampleGenericProperty.)

As a test I changed the test to if( property.constructor.name === “SampledPositionProperty”) and it works as expected.

2. A minimal code example. If you’ve found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.

I have tested Cesium 1.59 and 1.60 in electron on a Mac.

It seems to be an environment issue, but I don’t know where to go from here.

Thanks for bringing this up. Sounds like a pretty obscure issue, so I appreciate you posting your solution!

Are you able to test a minimal case here? Perhaps just loading CesiumJS in an electron environment, creating an instance of the SampledPositionProperty and doing this check? That way we can isolate the bug and also others can reproduce it.