PolylineVolume circle changing width

Hi,
I have a PolylineVolume where I have set the shape as a circle, similar to the sandcastle demo for polyline volumes. I need the PolylineVolume to have a set width at the start and end of the line so that the width increase/decreases smoothly from start to finish. Any help will be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

@DuncanScu

I recommend using linear interpolation to determine the radius of the circle at each point. The simplest way to implement this in sandcastle may be to “stack” multiple smaller circles with decreasing radii.

Once implemented, I would love to see a demo! I think adding this to the Polyline Volume sandcastle would help other community members in the future.

-Sam

Sounds Good. Ill give it a go and let you know how it turns out :+1:
-Duncan

@sam.rothstein
I managed to get it working! It can be a little slow and i’m sure there are ways to improve it, but i’m happy with it. The “smoothness” of the change gradient can be altered by increasing or decreasing the resolution variable. Check it out below :+1:

Please let me know if you do decide to use it in the sandcastle demo :slight_smile:
-Duncan

@DuncanScu

That looks great! Thank you for sharing - I will keep you posted.

-Sam

1 Like