Problems with points displaying on Safari

Hi,

I’m trying to use Cesium to develop an application for monitoring bus movement. In doing so, I’ve run into a problem. I’m using points to represent the positions of the buses, along with a label insicating the route. If I use interpolation to display movement between sample times, all the points disappear when using Safari. This does not happen when using Chrome.

Is there something I may be doing wrong, or does Safari not work well on Cesium? This issue puzzles me - if just use a simple point instead of a SampledProperty and update when I get a new set of coordinates, the points all appear as they should - though the movement ends up being jerky…

Tim

Hello Tim,

We generally see the best performance with Chrome, but Safari should work as well. If the points are disappearing, that sounds like a bug.

Could you put together a Sandcastle example that reproduces the problem? That will make it easier for us to figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

Hannah

This actually can be reproduced with examples from the Sandcastle Gallery - the points in Points example don’t display at all on Safari. It seems this isn’t limited to using interpolation, though not using it helped in my use case. It also happens with CZML - points are not displayed in the CZML Point and CZML Point-Time Dynamic examples. I should note that I’m using Safari 10.0.1 on macOS Sierra.

Tim

Thanks Tim! I just realized we do have an issue open for this: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/issues/4519
I’ve added a link to your post to that issue so we can notify you when we get a chance to look into the problem.

Best,

Hannah

Tim, thanks again for the report. If you try the latest version of Safari (and maybe latest of OS), this should be fixed now. See #4712.

Patrick