Renderer crash at Cesium v1.26 startup

Hi,
On startup my app loads a KML file with layers of placemarks and polylines, as well as some geojson vectors. With v1.26 the app now crashes with renderer errors due to undefined variables connected to these layers… I have been able to get around the renderer crashes by adding the following tests for undefined in cesium.js (unminified).

1. function updateBatchTableBoundingSpheres(primitive, frameState), after line 93494 add:

if (!defined(boundingSphere))

continue;

1. DataSourceDisplay.prototype.update = function(time), after line 123080 add:

if (!defined(visualizers))

continue;

With these changes to v1.26 Cesium starts and runs fine again (although with some minor display updating issues). v1.25 and previous versions work fine. I cannot find any breaking changes other than a somewhat obscure reference to “Vertex texture fetch is now required” and possibly to the addition of clustering. Any immediate suggestion?

Kjell

Hello Kjell,

Did you try clearing your cookies/cache? Sometimes that can cause weird side effects when switching between versions of Cesium.

If that doesn’t work, could you attach the KML file so we can look into it?

Best,

Hannah

Hi Hannah,
I did some further research at the end of the day.

• The undefined boundingSphere issue is connected with a layer of polylines in KML. (No boundingSphere for polylines?)

• Undefined visualizers are caused by WebGL/geojson arrays (with code based on the custom datasource Sandcastle implementation.

I added the new clustering functionality, with the same RTE again.)

Without either loaded Cesium starts without errors. I’ll try to hone in further so that I can send you something.

Kjell

Thanks for looking into this Kjell. let me know what you find so we can track down the problem.

Best,

Hannah

I'm seeing the same thing loading certain geojson files. It seems like only some polygons cause the issue. If I narrow it down further, I'll post again with more info.