I am a Masters student at the HS Karlsruhe. I am interested in using Cesium to apply my master thesis titled:
Development of multi-touch 3D web-based dynamic tool for analytical visualization of energy related simulation results and spatio-temporal data, allowing spatial citizenships and data-driven citizen participation approaches and decision making.
1. The aim of the thesis is to deploy hourly and monthly energy related data (heating or cooling need, PV potential, etc.) in the buildings, identify them and view their attributes in 3D buildings and facades. Then conduct statistical and analytical queries; which will aid the understanding and exploration of the results. What services are offered with Cesium that will allow the achievement of these tasks?
2. What are the possibilities to convert Shapefiles and feature classes into a Cesium compatible datatype?
3. What are the possibilities to convert CityGML data into a Cesium compatible datatype?
4. Is it possible to utilize the facades’ identification characteristics of 3D CityGML into Cesium? Or is there another method supported by Cesium to select and identify individual surfaces of buildings and show its attribute data?
5. How feasible is it to build a UI that carries out statistical analysis on-the-fly, in regards of augmented data from several buildings?
6. What are the requirements to connect analytical result tables to geometry CityGML tables that can be visualized into 3D Cesium applications?
7. What are the cartographic abilities that can be utilized to display my data?