Sourcemap support?

Hello,

Recently I went deeper into the source code of Cesium. I try to do some tweak & experiments so it's better to debug the (uncompiled) source code. However I don't want to bother with requirejs in my experiment code. I'm wondering if there's some support for sourcemap so that I can directly debug source code when referring to the compiled code in my page.

Best wishes,
Anran

We don’t have any support for sourcemaps yet and as far as I know it’s not on anyone’s radar. Ideally, we would rather people use our AMD modules and requirejs is really easy to set up. That being said, assuming there are no maintenance issues with keeping it updated; I’m sure we would consider any pull requests to add sourcemap support to our build process. (Unless there are some drawbacks that I’m not aware of).

在 2014年11月19日星期三UTC+1下午5时34分34秒,Matthew Amato写道:

We don't have any support for sourcemaps yet and as far as I know it's not on anyone's radar. Ideally, we would rather people use our AMD modules and requirejs is really easy to set up. That being said, assuming there are no maintenance issues with keeping it updated; I'm sure we would consider any pull requests to add sourcemap support to our build process. (Unless there are some drawbacks that I'm not aware of).

Hello,

Recently I went deeper into the source code of Cesium. I try to do some tweak & experiments so it's better to debug the (uncompiled) source code. However I don't want to bother with requirejs in my experiment code. I'm wondering if there's some support for sourcemap so that I can directly debug source code when referring to the compiled code in my page.

Best wishes,

Anran

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cesium-dev" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cesium-dev+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your reply. I'm currently using requirejs to link my code to cesium source code. In fact in the last project which I worked in we used requirejs from the beginning and experienced both its greatness and pitfall, so I want to try some different module systems (browserify for example) in my current project. I believe sourcemap will not do any harm to the project. Maybe when I get some time I can try to write a script and sumbit it.

Anran

Hi,

If you’re interested in using Browserify, check out how National Map is built. It is built using Browserify and Gulp, and requires-in individual Cesium modules using Browserify’s deamdify plugin. The end result is a single javascript file with all of the app’s code plus all the parts of Cesium it needs, and it uses sourcemaps to make the debugging experience nearly the same as debugging Cesium’s individual modules.

Build instructions are here:

https://github.com/NICTA/nationalmap/wiki/Developers%27-Handbook

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

That looks really great! I will check it. Many thanks for your suggestion!

Anran

在 2014年11月21日星期五UTC+1上午10时42分57秒,Kevin Ring写道: