Swapping entity layers, can this be done?

I have a project where I’m loading dynamically created KML datasource. I can get to an entity in the KML using the following code but I’m wondering if there is a simple way to assign the layer stack to the entities?
plane = outagesLayer.entities.getById(‘plane’);

For instance, that plane object actually winds up below two other objects in my project. The plane follows a route across the country and that works fine. I want the plane to appear above the route of flight line and waypoints. Currently the plane icon is displayed below them. Looks funky.

Thanks for the tips!

-Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Unfortunately,we don’t have great support for this kind of ordering. It’s a frequently reported issue though, and is definitely on our radar.

In the meantime, you can try setting the eyeOffset property on the plane to something like this:

plane.eyeOffset = new Cesium.Cartesian3(0, 0, -100)

Best,

Hannah

Thanks Hannah,

I did try setting eyeOffset and pixelOffset for plane.billboard. I had x & y movement when playing with settings in the console of the browser but the z axis wasn’t changing the plane’s view with regard to layers.

plane.billboard.pixelOffset = new Cesium.Cartesian3(0, 0, -100)

When I load this same KML in Google Earth it looks fine. It’s as if Cesium handles this information opposite of Google Earth and flips everything over in the layer stack.

-Gerry

Ok nevermind.

After testing…
plane.billboard.eyeOffset = new Cesium.Cartesian3(0, 0, -800)

I was able to get the plane above most of the waypoints and route lines that were drawn.

Thanks,

-Gerry