Syncing Time with Cesium and External Application

All,

How would you go about syncing time/clock up with Cesium and an external application, for example, real-time flight data with time updates every 1-5 seconds or even STK.

What would the CZML parameter sets look like and or JS code that would be important in this sort of application.

For example:

Would you continuously ingest the updated time in the currentTime property in the first CZML packet?

Would you continuously ingest the updated time when setting position and quaternion data in the second CZML packet?

**Would you **continuously ingest the updated time when setting epoch position and quaternion in the second CZML packet?

Do you need to worry about forwardExtrapolation?

Do I need some sort of callback function in the JS code to have a smooth animation?

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I’ve scoured the Cesium forum posts for days now and I can’t seem to get anywhere.

Please let me know and thank you for looking.

1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.

2. A minimal code example. If you’ve found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.

Looks like the common practice is to run Cesium with a slight time delay if the data is obtained in real time and not simulated, see Scott’s answer here:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cesium-dev/oGN3aW7aPJs/-hfylDxAAgAJ

Thank you Omar, I had a few followup questions regarding Scott’s response.

Thanks